SpitFyre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SpitFyre

Economic Minecraft Server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a Couple of Ideas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WEareMARSHALL

WEareMARSHALL

Just a Couple of Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Just a Couple of Ideas   Just a Couple of Ideas EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Since the server is currently not updated and a massive hurricane is headed right at me, I had some free time. So I put together a list of ideas for the server. Remember these are only suggestions, not planned changes. I ranked my ideas for your convenience in order of importance and feasibility. So here we go:

1. Clean up the Spawn Area

This needs to be a priority. There are several areas surrounding the spawn that look as if someone a drunkard went through with a crane and wrecking ball. There are numerous unfinished houses (many of them made of dirt), large holes in the ground, and not to mention to is a mess of protected areas. I really think this area needs to be gone through with a fine toothed comb and cleaned up.

2. Making the Spawn Stay Clean

This would be a very simple process in actuality. I would recommend setting it so that only Regulars or Advanced up could build in the immediate vicinity. Adding on to this, all areas along the main path would cost anywhere from $2000-$10000. This would eliminate players using the spawn as a mining area, and probably would encourage better builds.

3. A New Rule

There is one main rule that I want to add, since I’ve heard this waaay too much. That is No Begging. There have been many cases of people logging on to ask “cuse me cn I plz have like 3k?” or “does any1 hve like 4 or 5 diamonds plzzz”. I don’t like listening to it, and it is a rather simple rule to add and enforce

4. A New Spawn Building

This would be more for aesthetics than anything else, but I feel like the spawn could be redone on a much grander scale. With that, admin shop could be revamped and integrated into the spawn. I would be happy to help, for I have a two week block between sports in which I should not be very busy.

5. A Little Extra Something Something

This is the more vague side, but I feel that since we are a newer server, having something new and creative that most other servers don’t have is a major plus. Here’s an example of what I mean:
One of the best ideas I’ve seen is a town server. It basically entails that players can set up their own towns, in which they can rule by themselves or as a group, and set their own rules and regulations (as long as it fits within server guidelines). To apply to be a town, they would have to have a certain amount of people willing to join the town (probably 10), and diamonds to pay for the land area. The rate would go for 5 diamonds per chunk (a chunk is 16x16 blocks), with a minimum purchase of 32 chunks. This high price would eliminate any new group of players from getting together and forming a town. The player(s) that form the town have full control over it, and can decide who may join, who may build etc. Each town would also get a buffer zone of 200 blocks around it, so no one destroys the land in the immediate vicinity of the town.

So those are my ideas. That last one was simply an example; I wouldn’t expect that to be implemented unless you really liked it. But comment on what you think and maybe we can add a few of these other ideas to the server.
Back to top Go down

Just a Couple of Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SpitFyre :: Suggestions-
Jump to: